ST Bare fiber optic connector adapters Enable Quick Terminate Fiber Connections
|Place of Origin:||China|
|Certification:||RoHS Compliant, ISO Certificate|
|Model Number:||Bare Fiber Optic Adapter FC|
Payment & Shipping Terms:
|Minimum Order Quantity:||100PCS|
|Packaging Details:||50PCS/Blister Box|
|Sleeve Material:||Zirconia Ceramic Sleeve||Adapter:||FC, SC, ST, LC|
|Material:||Metal, Plastic||Mode:||Singlemode, Multimode|
fiber optic cable adapter,
fiber optic connector adapters
ST Bare Fiber Optic Adapter Enable Quick Terminate Fiber Connections
The Bare Fiber Adapter is typically used for temporarily connecting bare fiber with all standard SMA, ST, SC, LC and FC connectors. Bare fiber adapter are used as the medium to link the bare optical fiber to fiber optic test equipment. You can simply strip, cleave, clean and insert the fiber, without the hassle of epoxy and epoxy curing steps.
Reels of cable should always be tested before installation. Using a bare fiber adapter to quickly terminate individual fibers of a cable is an easy way to complete these test. To install first strip, clean and cleave fiber. Insert the fiber through rear of connector. Fiber should be flush with the end of the ferrule end face not past. Clean connector end face and connect to test lead. Perform OTDR tests.
Note: We do not recommend connecting bare fiber adapters directly to test equipment ferrules. Use a patch cable or launch cable to connect directly to test equipment then connect to the bare fiber adapter. Broken fibers can be removed with piano wire (included)
- Connect Fibers Quickly to your Important Equipment
- These adapters are very useful for connecting fibers to power meters, optical time-domain reflectometers (OTDRs) and a variety of other instruments, enabling in-situ functional testing without having to attach a permanent connector.
- Great Precision up to 900 µm Fiber
- The bare fiber is secured in place with a special precision cut foam pad to ensure kink and diffusion free operation, and repeatable measurements. Fibers with buffer sizes of up to 900 µm can be accommodated.
- Single-mode and Multimode Adapter Kits are also Available
- These kits contain a single adapter body, FC, SC, and ST interchangeable connector tips, a universal mating sleeve for quick ferrule-to-ferrule connections and a fiber stop to ensure that bare cleaved fibers are flush with the front of the connector ferrule. Piano wires for cleaning blocked ferrules are included with all adapters.
- Briefly connect to Light Sources, Power Meters, OTDRs, Extinction Ratio Meters, and a variety of other equipment for testing and measurement
- Test unterminated fiber and fiber spools
- Installation and repair work
- If you are using the bare fiber adaptor with unjacketed fiber, proceed to step. If you are using cabled fibers, strip at least 3 inches of the cable’s outer jacket and cut away the exposed strength members (usually Kevlar fibers near the stripped edge).
- Strip a sufficient amount of the buffer to allow for fiber insertion. The length of buffer stripped should be approximately 15 mm to 20 mm.
- Clean the exposed cladding with acetone and/or isopropyl alcohol (reagent grade).
- a. Magnetic clamp: Flip open the magnetic clamp. Push the stripped fiber through until the buffer stops the fiber. At this point flip shut the magnetic clamp to hold the fiber in place.
- b. Spring clamp: Depress the spring-loaded buffer clamping mechanism and insert the stripped fiber into the acceptance hole. Push the stripped fiber through until the buffer stops the fiber. At this point release the buffer clamping mechanism, to hold the fiber in place.
- Use a cleaving pen to gently score the fiber as close to the ferrule end as possible. (See Figure 2) Note: If the fiber breaks during the scoring process, it means that the score was too deep, which will result in a poor fiber end face and high losses.
- Pull the scored fiber directly up. The scored fiber should separate cleanly at the score point. Note: Always pull the fiber directly up. Failure to do so will result in a poor fiber end face and high losses.
- Inspect the end face with an eye loupe and if necessary, adjust the fiber until it is flush.
- The fiber is now ready for use. Insert the adaptor into the optical test equipment’s receptacle.
Bare Fiber Optic Adapter, Bare Optical Fiber Adapter